Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 32 New Month!

I'm kind of excited - a whole new month to get at it again. Sort of like getting a new lease every 30 days. The only thing I'm really concerned about right now is that the numbering thing on the days is going to get harder. During January it was easy. What day is it? I'd simply have to look at a calendar to see it's January 5th - Day 5! Now it's all messed up and I'll have to look at my last post to see what my next post needs to be. I'm probably making it harder than it has to be - my forte. Got any ideas?

I spent last month getting things right, and of course, getting them wrong sometimes too. I bought a large variety of fruit but discovered I really only wanted certain things. I pretty much ate everything I bought but wish I'd stuck to the few things that I kept craving - bananas, oranges, grapes, melons, cherries. I'm not really fond of mangos. I hate peeling them and hate cutting them almost as much as I hate peeling them! There are a few left. I'll try to eat them so they don't go to waste.

While I'm here, for the record: I hate celery. I've put up with it smeared with peanut butter or in chicken soup but no more. I don't have to eat celery if I don't like it. YAY for me! Sometimes I really like salad and other times I eat it because I need to. I make a salad dressing now that I like and once in a great while just put a little garlic salt on it. I like that, but I don't really want to eat the salt. Someone told me that dried celery is salty and used by raw foodists. I HATE CELERY. So, we probably won't be trying that! LOL!

This month I'm going to stick to my simpler fruit choices, endeavor to work out more and make a concerted effort, even if it means duct tape, to stay off the scale the entire month. I'd like to work hard this month and be surprised (in hopefully a thrilled way...) at the end of the month.

February is supposed to be a very good month for me (Pisces, yes, I'm one of those people...) and so I want to get the most out of this month. I am ahead of the game, though. I had planned a 5 lb a month weight loss over the next 12 months, but I lost 10 last month. YAY! I'd love it if I could continue to lose 10 lbs a month. We'll see. If not, Christmas is still coming :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey you ... Miss Excel Lover to the rescue. Sending you something via e-mail that will solve your what-day-is-it dilemma. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori thank you so much! That helped tons!

    ReplyDelete