Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 34 Orange Secrets

About a billion years ago when I was a teen I somehow ended up with a copy of Jethro Kloss's book, "Back to Eden". In it was a small section on the 'orange cleansing diet'. I remember I followed it and one of the benefits was my hair grew ridiculously fast. It always did grow fast but this was like over 2 inches a month and the effects seemed to last well past the month I followed the cleanse. I never did the orange cleansing diet for a whole month or months on end. I didn't have free access to fruit as a teen (which is sad...) but when I was able to get 3 days worth of oranges in, I went for it.

I LOVE ORANGES. I admit I like them much more than bananas, but they're not as user friendly. I hate peeling them and getting it all into my finger nails and so I'm forever slicing them. Not something you can readily do while driving down the highway. Anyway periodically I'll remember the orange cleansing diet and follow it for 5 or more days. My skin will glow like never before and my hair will grow like a weed. In my mind it consisted of eating nothing but oranges for the duration of several days to a week.

Upon a closer look at Jethro's book, I see that's not exactly what it says. Hmmm. It says something about the juice and then doing other things that possibly should not be done and well - let's just leave it at that. Then there is another section that talks about just eating oranges. Hmmm.

Anyway, what I'm here to tell you is that if you eat an abundance of fresh oranges, either on their own as a 'mono meal' (or meals...) or with other fruit you might just be surprised at the bonus results you get from them. Longer hair, clearer skin, etc. If you haven't noticed from my stats my hair grew two inches in the last month. So, even at this age and all I've endured it's still effective.

I eat 2-4 large oranges a day and have been for the last month. Of course I ate a lot of other fruit, too, but I know that oranges seem to have some special powers when it comes to my hair. Whatever it is, I highly recommend it.

Orange you glad you read this? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment