Saturday, February 27, 2010

Day 58 Banana Date Yummy


photo credit calafellvalo@flickr

I mostly like eating my food separate so I can taste each thing. A lot of raw foodist make smoothies out of bananas and greens. I'm not fond of them. I like those things separate.

But one yummy and satisfying thing that I do make occasionally is a banana date smoothie. It couldn't be simpler.

5 large dates
2 bananas
water

In either a blender or a blender cup (for a wand blender) add the 5 dates and enough water to cover them. I sometimes use warm water. Not hot water. Maybe 80 degrees. Blend the dates either in the blender or with the wand blender. Add the bananas in pieces one at a time and blend thoroughly. Pour into a glass and drink. You can change the quantities of any of it. More dates, more bananas. Whatever you like. Depends if you like it more banana-y or more date-y. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment