Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 1 ...and I'm Feeling Good



I thought this day would never arrive. All these years of learning, contemplating and changing my diet so I could eat in a way that was totally natural to monkeys. LOL! Finally January 1. I'm so ready to do this. I didn't even go crazy and eat a bunch of stuff I'd 'never get again'. I'm so over that. I had a few things in the last days: A cup of coffee, a little chocolate, a sandwich on Christmas day but nothing crazy. Thing was, those things weren't even good when I ate them. So, I'm ready!

Got up today, had a great breakfast of a banana, orange, pear and cantaloupe. Walked 1.5 miles and swam .6 of a mile, or 10 lengths. Hey, I gotta work back up to my former two miles in the pool, which will be 132 lengths. I can't even imagine that right now and I did that for years. It used to take me 2 hours. Today I eeked out 10 lousy lengths. What a joke but hey, gotta start somewhere. I really thought I'd kick out more than that. Well, just getting over surgery. Yep, that's my story. You know what though, I am such a fish I just love how I feel after I swim. I nearly cried when I got back in the pool I was so happy to be there. The pool is salt water so no chlorine but the jacuzzi has chlorine. Hate to admit it but I love how I can still smell the salt and the chlorine on me when I'm done. I LOVE TO SWIM! In fact, my custom license plate frame says, Swim More. Quack Less.

Had a big salad for lunch. I was so craving it. First time in my life, however, I've not had salad dressing. I admit I stood there making one of those :/ faces for a while, trying to think of what was legal to pour over it. I know I can make a pureed red pepper and tahini dressing or something but I decided to just tough out out. I sprinkled the teeniest amount of ground red pepper and off I went. It was very good. I didn't miss the dressing at all. All the veggies were great. I probably shouldn't have had a whole avocado - it spiked my fat for the day but it was pretty ripe and needed to be eaten. C'est la vie. The rest of the day may still balance it out, though.

Some of the questions I have about what might be possible:
Can I reduce the puffiness in my face, jawline and around my eyes?
Will I finally wake up after just 8 hours of sleep and actually feel really good for once?
Will I finally have energy to get through my day instead of dragging myself through it in tears?
Will my skin clear up and stop breaking out?
How flat can I get my belly?
Will I look younger? Many people guess I'm mid 30's right now. What will they guess when I reach my goals?
Will I no longer need vitamin supplements?
Will this help me endure menopause thanks to my recent hysterectomy? I hope so!
Will I ever be able to bend over and put on my shoes without needing a nap afterwards?
Will the vision come back in my right eye? The loss is considered congenital but once in a while I will actually have crystal clear vision out of it. It's a very, very rare occurrence but I'd love to regain my sight in that eye. The fact it returns once in a blue moon tells me there is hope for the future, despite the doctors being clueless and pessimistic.


Some of the other things I'm looking at doing for myself are:

Going to bed by 10 pm so my body doesn't kick in its 2nd wind and screw up my cortisol.
Getting up early everyday and getting my 'me time' in before the onslaught of my life takes over.
Cleaning up/out one room at a time of clutter. No, my house doesn't look like some NY apartment with paths everywhere. I just want to clean out the cabinets and closets so I can find stuff and think again!

My first pick: The kitchen pantry. I'm going to schedule a day for this and then get on it.

Enjoying my waterlogged self today very much and feeling good!

No comments:

Post a Comment