Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 7 Week 1

Well, it's been a whole week. I've lost 5 pounds this first week of the New Year and 17 pounds total since last year.

This week and to date I've walked 4.6 miles, swam 1.66 miles and have eaten 18 bananas, for those who keep asking how many bananas I'm eating!

The benefits of just one week:

1. My belly feels peaceful.

2. I have no more of the magical expanding elasti-belly going on.

3. My waist is 3" smaller (full report at end of month)

4. I have not even the slightest water retention bump whatsoever on my ankles.

5. My mouth feels (and looks) so clean it's weird.

6. My sense of smell is incredible. I'm nearly knocked out when I walk into Whole Foods there are so many aromas in there.

7. My face is a lot more clear. I have no new break outs.

8. I'm not craving anything other than more fruit and vegetables.

9. I've had a lot more energy the entire week.

10. I spend a whole lot less time grocery shopping.

11. Unless I choose to make something fancy, I spend a whole lot less time on food prep. Grab some fruit and run if I'm short on time. Easy.

12. Even if I make something fancy I spend a whole lot less time on clean up and dishes.

13. Even less to clean: I don't get the stove or microwave dirty :D

14. I have a whole lot less trash since there isn't food packaging to contend with.

15. I'm requiring less sleep and feeling a lot more rested to boot. This morning I woke up at 4:30 am and wanted desperately to run out to buy parsley - LOL.

16. My borderline sleep apnea thing stopped (at day 3) where it feels like something was stuck up in there and flapping across some breathing port, causing all kinds of snorting and disrupted sleep. I'd suffocate if I was on my back. It's gone. Stopped. Amazing.

17. At week 5 of my surgery recovery, I feel at 100% and I never would have expected that.

18. My bikini line incision is fully healed and turning white. Past experience has been I don't heal well or easily. There is still swelling to go down over time and internal healing. But I have no pain, no pulling, no additional tiredness that tells me I need more rest or more nutrients. Still I am still mindful of my nutrition and of being in bed 8 hours because I know there is still internal healing going on.

19. I feel a lot more peaceful overall.

20. I have a lot more hope for the future.

One week down, 51 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment