Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 19 I Picked The Wrong Week To...

I had the day from hell with little sleep, way too much to do and not enough hours to do it in. It was a mad dash to get everything done before 5pm because I made a commitment to attend a local raw food group's potluck with Lori (BFF!) tonight. I was really sweating it through much of the day but things eased up once we finally set our bowls on the buffet table and settled in.

Normally I live for potlucks and this potluck was one of the most beautiful and diverse I'd seen. But since having gone Commando with my food I was faced with a lot of raw but prepared/multi-ingredient foods that all looked yummy but weren't really legal for me. I made raw chow mein for everyone else and we brought a big bowl of bananas and red grapes so I'd be sure to have something I could eat. However, I decided in the spirit of the group to try things, and I have to say everything was truly wonderful.

Unfortunately, it looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue :) I'm paying the price with a very sore belly from all the added oils, salt, spices and multiple combinations of the foods. It'll pass and I'll get all that extra fat out of my system in a few days. I know, I have all year to work on this. I'm just trying to simplify things and get my energy levels back up as high as I can. I've lived with exhaustion for too long. Setting myself back probably isn't such a good thing but that's life. I think next time I'll stick to my path, though I'm happy to create something more interesting for the rest of the group.

I was really excited to eat a banana on the way home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment