Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 12 Finding Other Victims. I Mean Vegans!

Today Lori (BFF) pointed out to me that there is a raw food group right here where we live that has monthly events. Who knew?! She found them through www.Meetup.com. There may be vegan or raw vegan groups in your area, not to mention a whole host of other groups that might interest you as well. Check it out!

I am feeling well tonight :) I have had a few days where my energy was low. I slept in, well, okay I shut the world out with my blankets and struggled with getting up. I also live with a lot of stress being a single mom, trying to conquer some long standing health issues myself and caring for an elderly parent who has lost her memory. It's a lot and there are many days I'm about at my limit. I cannot blame carrots and bananas on every mood or energy dip I go through.

Today, the entire day, was a banner day for stress in ever realm. I ran it off tonight at the gym - 1.5 miles on the treadmill and a half a mile in laps at the pool. Then I kicked back in the jacuzzi which eased my stiff spine, met a cool new girl friend and took a long shower scrubbing every inch with Yes to Carrots body scrub. I love that whole line! It's important to keep your largest organ (your skin!) clear, moist and able to breathe and release toxins.

Anyway, it's late and Cinderella's gotta get to bed before the raw pumpkins start showing up. Don't forget to check out Meetup for a group near you. You might make some new friends and create a whole new support group for yourself if you're looking to make some changes to your lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment