Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day 2 Apple + Apple

Can't remember the last time I had so many new starts. As of yesterday (the 1st...) I'm the thrilled new owner of an iMac. Buh bye PC. So, apples in my diet and on my desktop - it's all good! It's kinda like working organically. No more worms, viruses or things I don't need polluting my system. YAY!

Speaking of apples, my ex-BF (who is just a good friend now) called me this morning about our plans to do some shopping and then grabbing a bite to eat this evening. I had already warned him a few days ago of my impending food changes and said that if we were to eat out, I'd need somewhere that had salads and/or fruit. He's a pretty healthy guy but I was really happy when he took my plan to heart. Sadly, the first thing he said was, "Well then let's go to the Cheesecake Factory, they have great salads!"

Umm yeah and CHEESECAKE! Yikes, I get to face cheesecake at day 2? Seriously, I have no desire whatsoever for cheesecake but the truth is, I'm just going to get a big bowl of salad with no dressing and nothing fancy - no candied walnuts, no seeded flatbreads, no funny fried noodle things poking out from everywhere. That's gonna be hella-expensive for just some greens, plus no fresh fruit available. I suggested we go to Hometown Buffet instead as I'd be able to pick exactly what I wanted, plus I have a coupon for a free meal. It doesn't get much better than that! So in his message this morning he 'warns me not to eat too much this morning' since we're going to eat out to a big buffet for dinner.

OKAY! Let me just make this very clear to people who might be considering this lifestyle change. It's imperative you eat enough food everyday and even more importantly, throughout the day, lest you be running yourself over to Arby's and having all of the '5 for $5' as my friend Dana says. If you stay well-fueled on the foods you're supposed to eat, you simply will not want the ones you're not supposed to eat. That's what makes this different than how I've ever eaten before and I'm not alone in that discovery.

So, sorry Martin. I'm going to fill up on a lot of fruit for breakfast and lunch because I need to eat and I'll be really ready to eat again later on today, trust me!

No comments:

Post a Comment