Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 14 Week 2

2 whole weeks! I've still lost 5 pounds since the first week of the New Year and 17 pounds total since last year. Nothing lost this last week.

For week 2 I've walked 4.1 miles, swam 1 mile and have eaten 22 bananas, for all the banana counters out there ;) To date I've walked 8.7 miles, swam 2.66 miles and have eaten 40 bananas. HA!

I think one thing I'm battling is that I sometimes don't eat enough. Years of calorie restriction and all manner of other restriction, in particular fruit, still makes 'eating all I want' a foreign concept to me, plus it's hard if not impossible to over eat with this life style. You have to eat more. I know that when I don't eat enough in any realm I don't lose and I'm pretty sure that's the case this week.

I must say it is pretty exciting to go grab a banana (or anything else legal for that matter) whenever I want it. I just need to do it more often.

The benefits from week 1 continue on into week 2. I like the no more bloating and the hyper-clean mouth thing, and the sense of smell is interesting. Great sometimes, not so great other times! Environments with lots of perfumed products (perfumes, colognes, fabric softeners, aerosol room sprays, scented candles, scented everything) are pretty overwhelming. The biggest thing I'm noticing this week, however, is that I am more tired while at the same time having much better energy if that even makes sense to you at all. There are at least a couple reasons for the tiredness.

1. I could still be detoxing from switching my diet.

2. I'm not eating enough calories per day.

3. I'm not sleeping enough - I'm having a hard time falling asleep some nights and I have to get up extremely early everyday.

4. I had a hella-stressful week on all fronts except food that didn't calm down until 5 pm today where I promptly fell into bed and sleep hard for 3 hours.

5. I'm just 6 weeks post op today - I may have had a larger portion of my energy taken for internal healing purposes while at the same time I may not have consumed quite enough calories, not slept enough for that matter. Many people are just starting to function again at 6 weeks from this surgery so I've been lucky in this.

6. God hates me and I'm just doomed to be fat and hideous the rest of my life.

Okay, so I don't think it's #6 but I do think it's probably a combination of 1-5! Which is good to review as my head immediately jumps to #6 :)

Plans for the future? Making pasta and hopefully Pad Thai from zucchini.

2 weeks down, 50 to go!


Stay tuned ;)

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say, for the record, that I almost fell right out of my chair laughing when I saw #6. Frankly, that one makes a lot of sense (at least on some days!!). From your soon-to-be-vegan BFF ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing the list helped but again today I had to remind myself that #6 wasn't valid...

    Can't wait for you to turn over a new (lettuce) leaf! :D

    ReplyDelete