Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 5 Arby's by Osmosis

I've noticed this really strange thing happening the past few days. I've been enjoying food that is off limits simply through its aroma. Now, this flies in the face of other raw vegan's experiences. People usually complain about enduring meals with others who are eating cooked foods, because it makes them want it. But, I've had a different reaction.

Tonight my daughter wanted a French Dip from Arby's. This isn't something we do a lot but it's certainly a lot more do-able since I'm not having to buy a sandwich for myself. I ordered for her and made our way out the drive thru. As I drove off I realized I was really enjoying the aroma of her meal but that I wasn't craving it or feeling, well, anything about it at all. It was almost as if because I bought it and could smell it I was satisfied. It's a strange but pleasant experience!

This is not to say I don't crave things. I do. I just know I need to eat again if I'm craving something.

Today, however, I was craving real salad dressing and that was hard. If I'm going to spend a year doing this I'm going to have to find better recipes or create my own recipes for salad dressing. I keep reading about simply lemon and lime juice and those are great. I'm a huge proponent of lemon juice but I really am craving something more on my salad.

I considered having salad dressings be my one caveat. It seemed a small price to pay to continue eating so healthily. Then I remembered the times I had bad bloating just from dressings and decided to hold out for a better plan/recipe or perhaps a sign from God. Help. LOL.

If anyone has a great salad dressing recipe that is hewn from raw food materials and doesn't contain garlic, oils of any kind, salt, pepper, sugar, vinegar, cheese, or any number of artificial ingredients, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment