Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 9 I Can Hear You Now

I thought it was just a fluke that my hearing was more sensitive since I've become raw vegan. I would be in stores and the racket was so much I'd put my head phones in. I've often had stores be loud and my best friend wears ear plugs in stores all the time it's so loud for her, but man, things were seeming a whole lot louder all of a sudden. I blew it off though. Surely my hearing wouldn't improve by eating fruits and vegetables. That sounded (no pun intended) crazy, even to me!

Yesterday my daughter was having a rather impassioned conversation with me and she was hurting my ears a little. I actually asked her to calm down a little as she was rather loud. I have never ever had to ask her to do this before. While I half wondered about it, I blew it off.

I have an aviary in my office. It has been here for 4 years and it has been the exact same distance from my desk the whole 4 years. The same group of birds have been in it for at least 2 years. They are tiny finches. They make tiny finch noises. Very pleasant peeping. I love the happy sounds they make. Sometimes someone will get on someone else's last nerve and the feathers will hit the fan, but the normal everyday cheeping is beautiful.

That was until today.

I'm sitting at my desk and their familiar cheeping became unbearable. It kept interrupting my work and finally I looked at them and they looked at me as if to say, "What the heck?!" Finally I succumbed to the fact that my hearing has definitely IMPROVED.

I'm not so sure this is such a good improvement but hopefully when I'm 90 and can still hear I'll be glad I can hear those damn finches. That is if I don't feed them to the ever anxiously awaiting cats first!

No comments:

Post a Comment